So the past week has seen a lot of changes for me, and I thought I’d keep you all posted about what’s going on.
- Timmy bunny was found to have a severe case of Pasteurella. We have now spent over £400 on vet bills, but the vet assures us that the insurance company will be reimbursing us for all of this. I am so glad we took out insurance before this happened.
- My police check (CRB, DBS, whatever) came through in the post on Saturday morning (yesterday). It was the last thing I was waiting for after all my references etc, so I am now cleared to go back to work to my actual profession (as opposed to serving coffee at a cafe) for the first time since before my dad died (April last year). I am starting with three days this coming week, to ease myself back in, then there’s a two week Easter holiday, then I’m (hopefully) going up to four days, then the week after I should be back to full time. Obviously if it’s not working out, I’m going to take it back down to three days a week but I really want it to just go smoothly.
- The neighbours, who I have commented on before, decided yesterday was a fine day to have a loud party with banging tunes and shouting and screaming starting at 8:45pm (literally 15 minutes after my in-laws had left – arrgh) and going on until after midnight. I was even brave enough to try going round and knocking to politely ask them to turn the sound down. They were very rude and didn’t turn it down. This whole evening was awful, but it meant that FINALLY the environmental health’s noise patrol heard the neighbours in all their true colours, and FINALLY extensive evidence has been acquired about them after 2 1/2 years of hell. The woman from the council wanted to confiscate their hi-fi but the last letter the council sent them was October, and they only last 3 months so it was out of date, so they had to settle for going round and having serious words with them. I was just SO glad the council have finally caught them doing it.
- Having said that, we still aren’t comfortable with the behaviour of our neighbours and we have a hard decision to make as to whether we should sell our house and move elsewhere or not. We love our yellow house so much and I don’t want to abandon it but the neighbours are absolutely reprehensible. They smoke drugs right outside their back door every day and it comes straight into our kitchen, and the police can’t be bothered to enforce drug laws any more despite demanding more money on our new council tax bill. What on Earth are we paying them for?
- I am getting my application for a master’s degree filled in. I can’t decide between staying here in my own home etc, or going away to study somewhere else. I’d really love to do one of the courses in London or Edinburgh, but I suspect I’ll stay in York. I’ll apply for all three and see what I get. I wish I was more decisive but it’s such a victory to have even narrowed down a subject area to study. It’s such a big decision though and I definitely got it wrong with my first degree so I want to get it right this time. I was going to apply for nursing but they’ve slashed funding and I’ve no interest in acquiring £50,000 of debt to train as a nurse. I think this will suit me equally well (I’m one of those people who can apply myself to lots of different things, as long as I actually apply myself at all).
- I managed a whole day with the in-laws, and am seeing my relatives next weekend for Easter. This is a huge step for me because my anxiety (which is part of having PTSD and bipolar disorder) has been stopping me from visiting anyone.
So that’s what’s going on at the moment, I’m sure there’s some other stuff I’ve missed, but that’s it for now. I hope everyone bears with me what with all this busyness, but I will try my best to keep up with everyone’s blogs! What are you up to at the moment? Let me know in the comments!